About Prairie Pantry
Several years ago, when we saw that our veggie garden needed more bees for pollination; we joined the growing ranks of backyard beekeepers. Of course there was a big bonus that came with this: HONEY! It wasn't long before our bees were making more honey than we could eat or give away. So, we formed Prairie Pantry LLC to give the honey a name, and we dove into the food business. Our first business slogan was “Honey and More!”; but we didn’t know at the time what the “More!” would be.
Now we know.
In 2015 we built a commercial kitchen in a spare section of our home's lower level. The kitchen has become a dedicated gluten-free, peanut-free facility. We use it to bake up wonderfully delicious and nutritious cookies, granolas, and pecan butter. Our foods are free from GMOs, gluten, peanuts, most tree-nuts, soy, dairy, and eggs. We do, however, use pecans, seeds, and coconut.
In addition to the kitchen/food business, we are members of the Inland Empire Beekeeper Association, producer-members of LINC farmers co-op in Spokane, members of the Five Mile Prairie Grange, and loyal fans of the amazing Spokane Symphony.
Where to Find Prairie Pantry Foods
In addition to finding NeedACookies on our Online Store, they can also be found at the following retail establishments:
- Huckleberry's Natural Market on the South Hill - bakery department (cookies and granola pouches)
- My Fresh Basket in Kendall Yards - bakery department (cookies and granola pouches)
- Natural Grocers (Wellesley and Division) - grab & go
- Main Market Co-op on Main St. downtown (cookies, bulk granola, apple butter, pecan butter)
- Cafe Affogato in Saranac Commons
- Cedar Coffee on Monroe
- Atticus Coffee and Gifts Downtown on Howard
- Spaceman Coffee on Sprague
- Tate's Honey Farm, Millwood Farmers Market
- Wanderlust Delicato on Main St.
- The Marketplace at Hemmingson Center, Gonzaga Campus
- Washington State University (The Market)
- Palouse Juice on Main St.
and Natural Grocers in
Portland, Oregon (Powell store)
NeedACookies currently come in six very different flavors:
The Maple Pecan and Coconut Pecan granola cookies,
the Triple Ginger, Zesty Lemon, Zesty Orange, and Paleo Cacao Pecan cookies. (Their "flour" is ground sunflower seeds.)